|Cleaning Supplies: $5-$50||Automobile Detailing: $80-$130||Sectional Sofa: $200-$500|
Upholstery, the fabric coverings on couches or chairs, need to be cleaned regularly as a result of normal wear and tear. Upholstery is also used in covering seats in automobiles.
Related articles: Cleaning Window Drapes, House Cleaning, Auto Detailing
- The cost of cleaning furniture upholstery varies, depending on the size of the piece being cleaned. To have a dining room chair professionally cleaned, for example, it typically costs $10-$120. Stanley Steamer , which has franchises throughout the United States, charges $12 to clean a dining room chair. Larger pieces are more expensive. A sectional sofa can cost from $200-$500 to be cleaned. Chem-Dry , a division of The Home Depot, charges $224-$448 to clean the upholstery on a sectional sofa, depending on the cleaning package the customer selects.
- Upholstery cleaning can be done at home with cleaning supplies available in most big-box retailers. National retailers including The Home Depot sell a variety of spot removers and upholstery cleaners for $5-$50, depending on the quantity and strength of the product.
- Cleaning the upholstery in automobiles is typically part of interior auto detailing work. Interior detail work generally costs $80-$130, which covers steam cleaning interior fabrics. Cleaning leather upholstery typically costs $50-$75.
What should be included:|
- Professional upholstery cleaning services start with a thorough inspection of the item being cleaned. The technician typically applies a heated cleaning solution to the upholstery to loosen dirt. Then, the fabric is rinsed and dirt is extracted using specialized tools. A final step is to add a protective coating that repels stains.
- Some businesses add a protective solution to pieces of furniture to help prevent stains. Sears charges $20-$35 for an added level of upholstery protection that helps preserve color and helps lengthen the life of the fabric.
Shopping for upholstery cleaning:
- COIT, a nationwide cleaning company, offers coupons for various services based on location.
- ProClean offers a free fabric protection application coupon with purchase of upholstery cleaning services.
- Retail Me Not , a source of online promotional codes, offers discounts on national cleaning services including Stanley Steemer and Chem-Dry.
- DIY Networks provides tips for cleaning leather upholstery .
- Mrs. Clean, a cleaning business based in Seattle, offers tips and tricks  for removing stains from upholstery.
- The Professional Upholstery and Soft Furnishings Group provides an upholsterer locator and tips for spot removal including what kind of solutions to use on specific materials.
- The International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association business directory can help customers find a certified, professional cleaning service.
- The Institute for Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration, which certifies cleaning businesses, offers tips for selecting the right cleaning professional and an international directory of certified professional cleaning businesses.
7 Tricks To Make Home Appliances Last Longer
Give your household equipment a little workout now and then, to make sure anything mechanical will perform well when needed. Periodic exercise can extend the usable life of many items. || Posted October 14 2013
5 Important Things to Know Before a Tornado Hits
This week the Midwest has been battered by tornados, which are one of the most violent and destructive type of storms nature has in its arsenal. || Posted November 19 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Home and Garden Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com