|Low: Premade Vinyl $20-$150 per window||Medium: Made-to-Measure Wood or Vinyl $150-$300 per window||High: Custom Hardwood $250-$700 per window|
Interior window shutters block and shade sunlight, provide some insulation during hot and cold weather, and add a decorative element to a home. Interior shutters are made of vinyl or wood and almost always have louvers for light control. They are sold painted, stained, or unfinished.
Related articles: Window Blinds, Curtains and Drapes, Blackout Curtains, Interior Decorator
- Interior window shutters cost $20-$700 per window covered. The cost varies depending on the type of material used, size of panels, and complexity of construction. Premade, standard-sized vinyl shutters cost from $20-$150. Made-to-measure interior window shutters in inexpensive wood or vinyl cost $150-$300. Custom-made hardwood interior shutters are the most expensive at $250-$700, but these often the most durable and attractive.
- Interior shutters can be hard to find in big-box stores. Check blinds.com for plantation shutters in standard, whole-inch sizes from $40-$200. A few national chains such as 3 Day Blinds also sell interior shutters. Many retailers do not publish prices; instead prospective customers provide measurements and specific requirements, then the store gives a quote for the product or completed job.
- Internet-based companies such as Horizon Shutters and Shutter Land will custom-make and ship interior shutters to order for $250-$700 per window covered, not including shipping. Price depends on materials used, complexity of construction and size of shutters.
What should be included:|
- Interior window shutters usually but not always include the shutters, installation hardware and the hang strips to hang the shutters from.
- Name-brand manufacturers may provide a limited warranty with their interior shutters. Register online or mail in the warranty card ASAP to be sure that shutters are covered for warranty work.
- If hang strips and hardware are not included with the price of the shutter panels, expect to pay $4-$15 for hang strips and about $4 for a set of mounting hardware. Closure or locking hardware is not usually included with shutters. Interior shutter closures cost $1-$15 each depending on style, materials and quality.
- Professional installation of interior shutters costs $100 and up for a typical house (4-12 windows), depending on the number of shutters to be installed and the complexity of the installation.
- Shipping for interior shutters purchased online can range from $30-$70 per shutter or set of shutters for one window.
Shopping for interior shutters:
- AllAboutShutters.com gives tips on minimizing the costs of interior window shutters.
- 3-Day Blinds offers a free quote and discount Internet coupon for interior window shutters.
- Regardless of some retailer recommendations, interior window shutters can be installed by a skilled do-it-yourselfer to minimize costs. Doityourself.com explains how to install shutters without professional assistance.
- Before purchasing or ordering interior window shutters, decide whether to install the shutters inside the window casing or outside. Measure each window accurately to 1/16 of an inch. AllAboutShutters.com provides instructions for measuring windows for interior shutters. If window measurements match the sizes available in inexpensive premade shutters, costly custom shutters may not be necessary.
- Learn about different styles of interior shutters such as plantation and traditional on AllAboutShutters.com .
- Before shopping for interior shutters and paying for installation at a local store, be sure the company has a good reputation.
- Browse Amazon for online shops that sell interior shutters.
7 Tricks To Make Home Appliances Last Longer
Give your household equipment a little workout now and then, to make sure anything mechanical will perform well when needed. Periodic exercise can extend the usable life of many items. || Posted October 14 2013
5 Important Things to Know Before a Tornado Hits
This week the Midwest has been battered by tornados, which are one of the most violent and destructive type of storms nature has in its arsenal. || Posted November 19 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Home and Garden Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com