|Per Hour: $30-$80
|Per Project: $200-$375+
A professional organizer specializes in helping clients whose needs go beyond a messy kitchen junk drawer. Many professional organizers have obtained industry certifications designed to help them assist individuals and corporations create custom systems and manage paperwork, files and records. In addition, according to the National Association of Professional Organizers , they sometimes work with seniors, students and individuals suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder.
Related articles: Debris Removal, Storage Shed, House Cleaning, Local Mover, Long Distance Mover
- A professional organizer typically cost between $30 and $80 per hour, with appointments ranging from a few hours to straighten up a small room up to several days to work on a cluttered office or a particularly challenging garage. TAOrganizing estimates the average room takes 8-12 hours.
- For large or unusual jobs, an organizer might charge a daily or per-project rate. These rates vary depending on the type and amount of work performed, and they can range from about $200 to $375 or more. Let's Get Organized! offers an initial assessment, action plan and a start to a one-room project (a total of four hours) for $180. For $350, the company will conduct an assessment, action plan and several hours of organizing for two or more rooms (a total of eight hours).
- Some professional organizers offer pre-paid packages for ongoing service. For example, Ellen Faye Organizing offers three-hour sessions for $200 or six-hour sessions for $375, and B Organized advertises packages that include an assessment and written plan for $150 and monthly appointments for $240 with a six-month commitment and one half-day appointment per month.
What should be included:
- Professional organizers take on a variety of jobs. Their work can include telephone consultations for customers looking to do the work themselves, space planning, estate organization and management of paperwork and files, according to the National Association of Professional Organizers .
- Professional organizing services vary greatly depending on the clients' needs. Some, such as Ellen Faye Organization and McMillan & Company Professional Organizing , offer coaching in person or by phone designed to help individuals and businesses better organize their affairs.
Shopping for a professional organizer:
- Many professional organizers offer a free needs assessment, which The National Association of Professional Organizers defines as a review of the client's organizational challenges and a discussion of desired results.
- Additional organizing products are also available for purchase separately. Clutterbusters!! publishes a catalog that contains a variety of organizing products and systems. Organizational tools for a variety of rooms and needs are also available at retail outlets such as The Container Store and Bed Bath & Beyond .
- Organizers typically conduct a needs assessment to review goals and desired outcomes before beginning work. Expect to be asked several questions pertaining to work styles and objectives to determine whether there is a good fit, according to the National Association of Professional Organizers , a trade organization.
- Be prepared to ask questions about the organizer's background, fee structure, cancellation policy, and whether they work with a written contract. Request references. The National Association of Professional Organizers ' code of ethics spells out accepted practices for its members.
- The National Association of Professional Organizers maintains a directory of certified organizers.
7 Lesser-Known Discounts for the 50+ Crowd
As they age, members of the Baby Boomer generation don't like to admit that they're senior citizens, but they love getting discounts. It's kind of a quandary, because some of the best deals available are reduced prices for older folks. || Posted October 21 2013
7 Ways to Stretch Your Reduced Food Budget
End of the year budgets are tight for everyone, especially in this economy.It's especially hard for the millions of Americans who depend on government programs like food stamps to help make ends meet. || Posted November 11 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
|Posted by: Chrissy G in Long Island, NY.
|Posted: November 1st, 2020 10:11PM
|Company Hired: Systematic
|Services Provided: Decluttering sorting design organiganiz
She was great! I had an extra room that I had clothing racks in as my closet and she came in completely customized the entire room designed wall shelves and standing shells went through everything in all of my closets in my house builds custom wall-to-wall closets and hung and labeled everything and arranged all of my shoes in the room it came out Amazing and already hired her again for my bathrooms, linen closet, kitchen, basement and work office!
|Posted by: Stephanie F. in Mesquite, TX.
|Posted: September 8th, 2020 11:09PM
|Company Hired: In that Order Professional Organizers
|Services Provided: declutter and organization
There are 2 adults and 5children living in my household going in and out of the pantry for food. I looked in there one day and deciding I had had enough! The young woman from In That Order was awesome. She didn't judge me and she delivered every result that Ihad imagined. She even labled where everything went so that my family and I could maintain the organization. I am looking forward to hiring In That Order again to help me with my next declutter project...the garage.
|Posted by: Nancy Yeck in Spanish Fork, UT.
|Posted: March 9th, 2020 02:03PM
|Company Hired: Style Inn Motion
|Services Provided: Organized/Decluttered
I am an older lady and my home needed to be reorganized and closest that needed to be cleaned out. The gal that came out to help me she spent a few days in getting my home in order. She worked hard It was such a nice job and she helped me more then I could ever imagined. I moved home to take care of my ageing parents and after they past away I didn't know where to being with all of their
stuff and mine. I did not want to pay for a storage unit that would not make sense.
So I called a company that was close to home.
I was very happy with the out come I would have called her sooner if I realized how much I needed it. I would be happy to pay her to come out again.
|Posted by: Betty Smith in Quantico, VA.
|Posted: January 19th, 2017 10:01AM
|Company Hired: letshereeorganizeu
|Services Provided: Home organizing
They came in and organized my entire home 2 BA, 3 BR, living room, kitchen and laundry room by hanging up pictures and wall hangings. They discarded unwanted items. They arranged furniture. They were very friendly and professional. If you are in the Quantico/Woodbridge area I highly recommend using them.
|Posted by: Marina Passloff in New York, NY.
|Posted: December 21st, 2016 01:12PM
|Company Hired: Neatfreaks
|Services Provided: Clothing removed
Clothing was to be given to consignment shops as it was designer and vintage. Some was brand new with tags on. No receipts were given to elderly customer who was defrauded. What can be done?
|Posted by: SusanSchuster in La Quinta, CA.
|Posted: January 3rd, 2016 11:01AM
|Company Hired: Miss B\'s Services
|Services Provided: Organization
I hired Miss B's to help me organize my home office in a house I put on the market. I work part-time in the desert and part-time in Los Angeles and needed my desert office to be extremely tidy for showings, yet still have everything I need at my fingertips. It was well worth the expense for a 5 hour session. We ended up using things I had already, but I liked that if I needed shopping done, she only charged $20/hr for shopping time as she could do multiple clients at once.
|Posted by: Kelly M in Farmers Branch, TX.
|Posted: November 12th, 2015 05:11AM
|Company Hired: Clutter Under Control
|Services Provided: Decluttered
These Girls were wonderful.We accomplished everything I wanted accomplished and they never missed a beat, they are as hard a workers as they come. Seriously these women can clear a room in no time. Very reliable,never missed a day and they worked for almost 2 weeks.
More Home and Garden Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com